Recommended by seller
The high degree of modularity is a design feature of SKM.SKB series helical-hypoid gear unit. It can be connected respectively with motors such as normal motor, brake motor, explosion-proof motor, frequency conversion motor, servo motor, IEC motor and so on. This kind of product is widely used in drive fields such as textile, footstuff, ceramice packing, logistic, plastics and so on
Garment Shops, Manufacturing Plant, Machinery Repair Shops, Food & Beverage Factory
Place of Origin
Hypoid gear reducer
ISO9001 CCC CE
SKM SKB Series helical gear units has more than 4 types, power 0.12-4kw, ratio 7.73-302.5, torque max 100-500NM, Modulaw and multistructure can meet the demands of various conditions.
(1) Ground-hardened helical gears.
(2) Modularity, can be combined in many forms
(3) Made of high-quality aluminum alloy, light in weight and nonrusting
(4)Large in output torque, high efficiencym energy saving and environmental protection
(5) The mounting dimension of SKM series are compatible with SMRV series worm gear unit
(A part of SMRV050 dimensions are different from SKM28)
(6) The mounting dimension of SKB series are compatible with W series worm gear unit.
SKM28B~SKM58B:2-Stage hypoid helical gear units. Speed ratio range7.48~60.5 SKM28C~SKM58C:3-Stage hypoid helical gear units. Speed ratio range:4918~302.5 One of the features of the hypoid gear speed reducer is that the shafts intersect at 2 mutually parallel planes,providing greater torque in the same construction space than an ordinary helical gear reducer. And its strength is much higher than that of worm gear reducer. 1.Omnidirectional mounting 2.Housing made of high-quality aluminum alloydie-casting,light weight good rust resistance 3.Low back clearance 4.Smooth transmission and low noise 5.Customized products available
For more models, please contact us!
F helical gear reducer
Parallel output, compact structure, large transmission torque, stable operation, low noise and long life.
Installation method: base installation, flange installation, torque arm installation.
Reduction ratio: basic type 2 level 4.3-25.3, 3 level 28.2-273, combined to 18509.
The rotation direction of the input and output of the basic two-stage is the same, and the three-stage is opposite; please consult when combining.
Output mode: hollow shaft output or CHINAMFG shaft output.
Average efficiency: Level 2 96%, Level 3 94%, F/CR average efficiency 85%.
K helical bevel gear reducer
Vertical output, compact structure, hard tooth surface transmission torque, high-precision gears ensure stable work, low noise
and long life.
Installation method: base installation, flange installation, torque arm installation, small flange installation.
Input mode: motor direct connection, motor belt connection or input shaft, connection flange input.
Output mode: hollow shaft output or CHINAMFG shaft output, the average efficiency is 94%.
Reduction ratio: basic type 8.1-191, combined to 13459.
R helical gear reducer
Small bias output, compact structure, maximum use of cabinet space, the second and third levels are in the same cabinet. Using an integral cast box, the box structure has good rigidity, which is easy to improve the strength of the shaft and the life of the
Installation method: pedestal installation, flanges with large and small flanges are easy to choose.
Solid shaft output, the average efficiency is 96% in the second stage, 94% in the third stage, and 85% in CR/CR. The CRM series specially designed for mixing can carry large axial and radial forces.
Packaging & Shipping
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Transmission Parts
|Distribution Power, Clutch, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Torque Arm Type
Is it Possible to Reverse the Direction of a Worm Gearbox?
Yes, it is possible to reverse the direction of a worm gearbox by changing the orientation of either the input or output shaft. However, reversing the direction of a worm gearbox can have some implications that need to be considered:
- Efficiency: Reversing the direction of a worm gearbox can potentially affect its efficiency. Worm gearboxes are typically more efficient in one direction of rotation due to the design of the worm and worm wheel.
- Backlash: Reversing the direction of rotation might lead to increased backlash or play in the gearbox, which can impact precision and smooth operation.
- Lubrication: Depending on the gearbox’s design, reversing the direction could affect lubrication distribution and lead to uneven wear on the gear teeth.
- Load: Reversing the direction might also impact the gearbox’s load-carrying capacity, especially if it’s designed for predominantly one-way operation.
- Noise and Vibration: Direction reversal can sometimes result in increased noise and vibration due to changes in gear engagement and meshing behavior.
If you need to reverse the direction of a worm gearbox, it’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations. They can provide insights into whether the specific gearbox model is suitable for reversible operation and any precautions or adjustments needed to ensure proper functioning.
Diagnosing and Fixing Oil Leakage in a Worm Gearbox
Oil leakage in a worm gearbox can lead to reduced lubrication, increased friction, and potential damage to the gearbox components. Here’s a step-by-step process to diagnose and fix oil leakage:
- Inspect the Gearbox: Perform a visual inspection of the gearbox to identify the source of the leakage. Check for oil stains, wet spots, or oil pooling around the gearbox.
- Check Seals and Gaskets: Inspect the seals, gaskets, and O-rings for any signs of wear, cracks, or damage. These components are common points of leakage.
- Tighten Bolts and Fasteners: Ensure that all bolts, screws, and fasteners are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can create gaps that allow oil to escape.
- Replace Damaged Seals: If you find damaged seals or gaskets, replace them with new ones. Use seals that are compatible with the operating conditions and lubricant.
- Check Breather Vent: A clogged or malfunctioning breather vent can cause pressure buildup inside the gearbox, leading to leakage. Clean or replace the breather vent if necessary.
- Examine Shaft Seals: Check the shaft seals for wear or damage. If they’re worn out, replace them with seals of the appropriate size and material.
- Use Proper Lubricant: Ensure that you’re using the correct lubricant recommended for the gearbox. Using the wrong type of lubricant can cause leaks.
- Apply Sealants: In some cases, applying a suitable sealant to the joints and connections can help prevent leaks. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.
- Monitor Leakage: After addressing the issues, monitor the gearbox for any signs of continued leakage. If leakage persists, further investigation may be required.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule that includes checking seals, gaskets, and other potential leakage points. Timely maintenance can prevent future leakage issues.
If you’re unsure about diagnosing or fixing oil leakage in a worm gearbox, consider consulting with a professional or gearbox manufacturer to ensure proper resolution.
Types of Worm Gear Configurations and Their Uses
Worm gear configurations vary based on the arrangement of the worm and the gear it engages with. Here are common types and their applications:
- Single Enveloping Worm Gear: This configuration offers high torque transmission and efficiency. It’s used in heavy-duty applications like mining equipment and industrial machinery.
- Double Enveloping Worm Gear: With increased contact area, this type provides higher load capacity and improved efficiency. It’s used in aerospace applications, robotics, and precision machinery.
- Non-Throated Worm Gear: This type has a cylindrical worm without a throat. It’s suitable for applications requiring precise motion control, such as CNC machines and robotics.
- Throated Worm Gear: Featuring a throat in the worm, this configuration offers smooth engagement and higher load capacity. It’s used in conveyors, elevators, and automotive applications.
- Non-Modular Worm Gear: In this design, the worm and gear are a matched set, resulting in better meshing and efficiency. It’s utilized in various industries where customization is essential.
- Modular Worm Gear: This type allows interchangeability of worm and gear components, providing flexibility in design and maintenance. It’s commonly used in conveyors, mixers, and material handling systems.
Selecting the appropriate worm gear configuration depends on factors such as load capacity, efficiency, precision, and application requirements. Consulting gearbox experts can help determine the best configuration for your specific needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-25